SKYROCKET! the feature film

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

How I became a Huffington Post Blogger -- by Darin

In 2005, I a went to a party in New York thrown by the Creative Coalition, an association of entertainers, artists and political activists geared towards enlightening young people on vital socio-political issues. While I was there I met political commentator Arianna Huffington. Starstruck, I gushed to her what an admirer I was of her intellect, her courage and her sense of humor (not to mention she's a drop-dead knockout and cameras don't do her justice, but I digress). She told me that she had just started a new online blog called The Huffington Post and that they were looking for bloggers and I was welcome to blog about whatever I fancied. Nervously I took her up on the offer, wondering what the hell I was gonna write about and who the hell would care. Both questions were answered very quickly. Three years on, The Huffington Post is ranked the #1 most authoritative blog in the US (out of some 5 million), with a huge stable of contributors. Here's a link to all my posts.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/darin-murphy/

No comments: